When it comes to running, these icy temperatures can often be overcome with the right gear, or like me, with lots of crappy gear piled on - two pairs of gloves, an over-sized fleece pull over that leaves me looking like I should be slinging rock in the ghetto, and of course, pants. I have not had to up my gear to wool socks, and I do not really plan on it. I will stick to my cotton socks; the feet will get cold, but they do not get numb, and so I can still feel the ground. Unfortunately, there is a small area between ankle-socks and pants that gets a little exposed to the frigid air.
Either I have no feeling in the back of my heel due to repeated blistering from hiking with boots as a kid and racing spikes that were always too small, or it was just plain cold out there. No matter the answer, as I was getting undressed I noticed that my sock was no longer white - or grey - but had a nice rosy hint to the heel area. I have gotten blisters before, but none have bled like this. Is it spring time yet?

No comments:
Post a Comment